Prep time: 3 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup dry Champagne
- 2 cups Brie cheese, outer crust removed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar
- Rub the saucepan with the garlic clove.
- Add Champagne and cornstarch, warm over a low heat. Do not let boil.
- Add cheese one handful at a time while slowly increasing the heat. Do not let boil.
- When all cheese has melted, add in remaining spices and lemon juice.
- Turn off heat and finish with the kirsch.
- Serve in a fondue pot with cubed pieces of French bread for dipping.
- Other great dipping choices include broccoli and apples.
This story was originally written for Treehugger. Copyright 2011.