Photos: Jerry James Stone
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 shallot, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cup Cool Climate Pinot Noir
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dark miso
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sweat onions, shallots and garlic with 1 teaspoon of olive in large skillet, cooking until onions are translucent.
- Transfer them to a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter, transfer to casserole.
- Whisk together Cool Climate Pinot Noir, vegetable stock, miso, and cocoa, transfer to casserole.
- Add Arborio rice and Parmesan cheese, mix.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes until rice is fully cooked but still wet.
This story was originally written for Treehugger. Copyright 2012.