Photos: Jerry James Stone
Prep time: 2 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 loaf bread
- Drizzle coconut oil
- Place all ingredients, well except for the bread, into a food processor or blender. Blend well.
- Pour the batter into shallow bowl and let chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut the bread into thick slices.
- Heat a pan or griddle over a medium-high heat and brush it with the coconut oil. If you don't have coconut oil you can use any basic cooking oil. Please don't use olive oil as it will give the toast a funky taste.
- Individually dip each bread slice into the batter so that the bread is fully coated.
- Place the bread slices onto the griddle and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve. Enjoy!
This story was originally written for Treehugger. Copyright 2011.