Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 salads
- 4 medium beets, roasted (can use canned beets)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 4 Belgian endives, halved lengthwise and cut into strips
- 1 large green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- Pinch sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Slice the roasted or canned beets. Place them in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, shallots, vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in the olive oil a little at a time until everything is well blended. Add in salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, endive leaves and apple. Add in about half the vinaigrette and toss. Add remaining vinaigrette to bowl of beets and toss.
- For plating, create a bed of the lettuce and apple mixture. Top with the beets, feta and nuts. Serve and enjoy!
Related on MNN: