Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound spinach, carefully cleaned
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream or half and half
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable stock until just boiling. Add potatoes and cook until they're completely tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and allow the soup to simmer until the spinach is wilted.
- Ladle the soup in batches into a blender, or use an immersion blender, and puree the soup until it is smooth.
- Add lemon juice and cream, and sprinkle in as much salt and pepper as you'd like.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls, serve, and enjoy!
Related on MNN:
- How to make soup from leftovers
- 5 easy-to-make soups: What's for dinner?
- Farmers Market Spinach Pie with Portobello Mushrooms