Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated hard cheese, such as Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the sliced onion and saute until translucent. Add the chopped chard and saute until slightly wilted.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the garlic and cheese. Add the salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, reduce heat to medium-low, and allow to cook until the eggs begin to set around the edges.
- Transfer the skillet to the center rack of the oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs are completely set in the middle.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes in the skillet. Cut into wedges and serve immediately, or if you're waiting to serve it, transfer the frittata to a wire skillet to allow it to cool without becoming soggy.
Related on MNN: