Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 1 cup of spread
- 1 can cannellini or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 sprinkle ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the beans, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined and mostly smooth.
- As the food processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil and process until the dip is completely smooth. Taste and add more pepper, lemon or salt as needed.
- Spoon the dip out into a bowl, and garnish it with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
Related posts on MNN: