This is such an excellent recipe to have on hand for making a quick lunch or snack that's healthy yet great for on-the-go eating. The beans are filling, but the flavor is kept bright with the lemon and parsley.
This is perfect for pairing with pretty much any platform for getting it to your mouth — eating with crackers, spread on toast, as a dip for celery or carrots, you name it. I love that it is simple, fast, versatile and keeps in the fridge for several days. Make it on a Sunday and know you'll have something to snack on the whole week long. This recipe is inspired by the website The Cozy Apron
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 1 cup of spread
Simple and Creamy White Bean Dip with Lemon Zest
- 1 can cannellini or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 sprinkle ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the beans, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined and mostly smooth.
- As the food processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil and process until the dip is completely smooth. Taste and add more pepper, lemon or salt as needed.
- Spoon the dip out into a bowl, and garnish it with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!