Spring Pea Crostini with Lemon and Dill
A delicious and beautiful crostini that boast spring's favorite color: green!
About This Dish
These are the perfect appetizer for a springtime dinner. The toasted bread and cold spread is just the right balance of fresh and zingy, and warm and crispy. Plus the beautiful green color is a delight for the eyes. This appetizer takes only a couple of minutes to create so it is a no-hassle addition to any party.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Brush for oil
- Small blender or food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil for the bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for the spread
- 1 meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the baguette and lay the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush oil over the tops of the slices. Place in the oven to toast for 5-8 minutes.
- While the bread is in the oven, combine the crushed red pepper flakes, peas, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and sea salt in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust lemon juice, salt, oil or dill to taste.
- Pull the golden brown crostini from the oven. Place on a platter and top with the pea spread. Garnish with a little dill frond and lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!