Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery stalk, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage (for garnish)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, then add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook these for about 3 minutes or until the onions turn translucent. Add the oregano, thyme, basil, sage, carrots and tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock and cannellini beans, and bring the soup to a simmer. Simmer it for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1/3-1/2 of the soup in a blender and blend until creamy. Return it to the pot and stir well to incorporate it. Taste, and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a few leaves of fresh sage or basil. Enjoy!
Related on MNN: