The brightness that mint adds to this recipe is not to be underestimated — it is a key ingredient. However, mint can be overwhelming, so feel free to add a little at a time, tasting as you go to make sure you don't overpower the other flavors.
Adapted from epicurious.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 medium bowl of salsa
- 3 Bosc pears (firm but ripe), cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (leave seeds in for full spice)
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust lime, or add a little salt or pepper according to your preference. Serve within a couple hours of making it, and enjoy!