A new online platform is rocking the philanthropic community, offering the unprecedented ability to auction everything from a painting to a date with Hugh Jackman for a wide variety of causes. It's called CharityBuzz, and their new celebrity auction is being held in honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day — A Bid to Save the Earth.
Auctions have long been used by the philanthropic community to raise funds for worthy causes — remember Charlize Theron's kiss auctioned for $140,000? But normally these star-studded moments are exclusive events for the wealthy. Now the online CharityBuzz platform allows people from around the world to participate in the bidding and may make philanthropic auctions the fund-raising vehicle of the future.
Up on the auction block next month will be:
- Original painting by Peter Tunney
- Lunch with Vera Wang
- Vacation in Bali Four Seasons
- A date with Huge Jackman
- Dinner theater with Sigourney Weaver
- VIP tix for Christina Aguilera concert
- Premiere night with Cameron Diaz
- Green tour of Istanbul, Turkey
- Lunch with David Duchovny
- Lunch with Candice Bergen
- Tickets to Ralph Lauren at Fashion Week