Nothing warms your heart as much as giving. It spreads over you like a cozy blanket. Here's an idea for sending love into the universe without spending a lot of money; all you need is a little creativity and some paint.
Decorate rocks with positive, uplifting messages and place them in random places. Imagine the unexpected smile the rocks will bring to others who find them. And the best part about them is how easy they are to create. Here's how:
- Smooth river rocks (you can buy these at your local hardware store or find them in a riverbed near your house)
- Black paint
- White paint pen (I used an oil-based pen)
- Foam brush
- Thin paint brush
- Multiple colors of craft paint
Here's how you do it
1. Paint your river rocks black. Let dry.
2. With your white paint pen (or a brush with white paint on it if you have a steady hand), write a positive message on your rock. A white paint pen on a black-painted rock makes your message pop. (Photo: Kelly Ladd)
3. Create colorful designs by creating dots with your thin paint brush all over your rock and around the message. Let dry. Bright colors will make your random act of kindness rocks even more eye-catching. (Photo: Kelly Ladd)
4. Leave the rocks in random places around your favorite park, nature trail or even on the doormat of a neighbor. Leaving your kindness rock in various locations means their impact will truly be random. (Photo: Kelly Ladd)