The relationship between green jobs and military veterans continues. Yesterday the U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service announced a new grant competition for programs that prepare our nation’s veterans for green careers.
The $2 million grant competition is part of the DOL’s Veterans’ Workforce Investment Program and is designed to help foster career training for veterans. The focus of these training programs will need to be in one of seven energy efficiency and renewable energy categories:
- Energy-efficient building, construction and retrofits
- Renewable electric power
- Energy-efficient and advanced drivetrain vehicles
- Deconstruction and materials use
- Residential energy efficiency assessments
- Manufacturers that produce sustainable products using environmentally sustainable processes and materials
More information about this grant opportunity can be found on the DOL Veterans’ Employment & Training Service website.