Some well-meaning person put up a graphic this morning about how many days we have left until Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was not amused. I still haven't accepted that summer officially turned into fall over a week ago, and I am absolutely ignoring the leaves covering my front lawn.
PHOTO BREAK: 11 food rules you should ignore
But, for those of you who like to plan and stock up for holiday cooking and baking, now is probably the time your planning gene is kicking into full gear. There are a couple of coupons in this month's roundup that you'll want to pay attention to, especially if you can match them with store sales. There's one for Imagine Broth that can be used to flavor the stuffing for your Thanksgiving dinner or in a pot pie to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers. Better than Bouillon will probably come in handy over the holidays. And, there's a coupon for Florida Crystals Organic Sugar for your cakes, pies, and cookies.
There are plenty of other coupons in this month's options to help save money on weeknight dinners, and I've included a couple of recipe ideas.
- Applegate Sliced Deli Meat $1/1
- Sun Cups $1/2
- Kits Organic Bars $.75/1
- Pacific Foods Polenta $1/1
- Pacific Foods Steel Cut Oats $1/1
- Sophie's Kitchen Vegan Seafood $1/1
- Madhava Agave or Honey $1/1
- Ruby Rockets Pops Buy One Get One Free
- Stonyfield Yogurt $1.25/2
- Just Mayo $.50/1
- Earth Balance $1/1
- Organic Valley Snack Sticks $1/1
- CLIF Bars $1/4
- Once Again Nut Butters $1/1
- Several others you may be interested in
- Recipe Idea: Use the coupon for Just Mayo and make Roasted Potato Beet Salad with Green Beans and Creamy Balsamic
Target (must be used at Target stores)
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, bakery items and deli $3 off/$15 or more
- Annie's Organic Soup Cartons $.75/1
- Larabar $.75/1
- Food Should Feel Good Chips $.75/1
- Horizon Mac and Cheese $.75/2
- Better Than Bouillon $.75/1
- Simply Balanced Snacks $1 off/$5 or more
- Learn more about Target's Simply Balanced line.
- Learn tips to save the most money at Target.
Whole Foods (must be used at Whole Foods stores)
- Jackson's Honest Potato Chips $1/1
- Melt Organic Spread $1/1
- Organic Valley Sour Cream $1/1
- Saffron Road Product $1/1
- Toigo Orchards Apple Products $1/1
- Imagine Soup or Broth $1/1
- Back to Nature Items $1.50/2
- Alexia Item $.75/1
- Kidfresh Meal $1.50/1
- Larabar Bars $.75/3
- Food Should Taste Good Chips $.75/1
- Horizon Mac and Cheese $.75/1
- Orgain Organic Almond Milk $1.50/1
- Better than Bouillon $.75/1
- Recipe Idea: Use the coupon for Better than Bouillon to buy their Vegetarian No Chicken Base and make Slow Cooker White Beans.
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce (organic option) $.55/1
- Land O'Lakes Eggs (organic options) $.35/1
- Earth Balance Spread $1/1
- Florida Crystals Organic Sugar $.55/1
Note: Products labeled natural or all-natural are very loosely regulated. Some of them may contain genetically modified ingredients (GMOs).