I prefer to shop online rather than go out to the stores during the holidays, and Cyber Monday is a good day to start because many online retailers offer specials on the first Monday after Thanksgiving. I’ve hunted down a few extra good deals if you’re looking for a gift for the cook or food lover on your shopping list.
- Living Social. Save 25 percent on almost every purchase on the deal site by using the coupon code CYBERSALE. You can save on restaurant meals, gourmet food gift baskets, small kitchen appliances and more. My top pick on Living Social right now is a cheese making kit. Discount expires on 12/1.
- Kitchen Aid at Target. Target is offering 50 percent off a Kitchen Aid professional 5-quart mixer in red or silver grey. It normally sells for $449.99 and is on sale for $225, plus free shipping. Website does not say when the discount ends.
- Fiesta Dinnerware at Macys. My favorite sustainable dinnerware, Fiesta, is discounted at Macys for Cyber Monday. Everything is discounted, including basics like the 10.5-inch plates, which are $8.99 (usually $19) and the 9-inch plates are $7.99 (usually $16). Orders of more than $50 ship for free. Discount expires on 12/1.
- Cuisinart 8-cup food processor at Macy’s. Normally $149.99, this powerful food processor is on sale for $49.99.
- Williams-Sonoma. The more you spend, the more you save, starting at 10 percent off $50 or more up to 25 percent off $500 or more. Use the coupon code FREESHIP to get free shipping on all orders.
- America’s Test Kitchen Cookbooks. Save up to 75 percent off cookbooks, no coupon code necessary. Website does not say when the discount ends.
- World Market. Using the coupon code SUPERCYBER gets you 20 percent off your online purchase, and any purchase over $100 will get free shipping, too. The site has kitchen tools, utensils, food, furniture and even wine. Discount expires on 12/1.
Related on MNN: