Article Credit: Originally published on SCJohnson.com
What we’re made of.
Being a family company makes us look at things differently. It inspires us to continually improve our products with better ingredients. And while other companies may not see the importance in doing things like sharing those ingredients, we make it a priority.
Ingredients in family terms.
We understand that you use our products around the people, pets and things you love. Naturally, you want to know what's in them, right down to the fragrances and dyes. So in March 2009, we started sharing, and created a place for you to explore what’s inside SC Johnson products, www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com. Here you can get the information you need to feel good about what you’re bringing into your home.
Going beyond industry standards. That’s the family standard.
SC Johnson's ingredient communication plan builds on a household products industry right-to-know initiative that was announced in late 2008. It's a solid program, and we applaud it. In fact, we're so committed to your right to know that we're going to go significantly further. Our plan includes:
- Listing all ingredients, including dyes, preservatives and fragrance ingredients.
- Focusing on a single naming system - the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients – for simplicity and clarity. These are terms you're used to seeing on make up and personal products.
- Not just listing, but defining ingredients, and including an explanation of their purpose in the product.
- Communicating in English as well as Spanish, which you can find here.
- Adding products from SC Johnson Canada (in English and French), which you can find here.
See what’s inside SC Johnson.
Online: Check out www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com. We've got various products and ingredient information already in place, with more to come as we continue to fully populate the site by January 2012. Also, we want to make it easy for you to find information when researching our individual brands, so we’ll have a link to whatsinsidescjohnson.com from relevant brand websites.
Toll-free Consumer Resource Center: You can also get the information you need by calling SC Johnson's toll-free Consumer Resource Center at 1-800-558-5252.
Packaging: Within two years, you'll find ingredients listed on all SC Johnson home cleaning and air freshening product packages.
Take a look at what’s inside our products. Visit WhatsInsideSCJohnson.com.